Scratchings in the Dirt

Some decided victories!!

Two for the right teams and one for the wrong one!  

Sunday saw three hockey games with Schraefels on the roster.  Derek’s team played Unity in the 2nd place final of the Kerrobert Atom tournament, and came out on top, 14 – 0.  They had won their first game on Friday with about the same score over the Luseland/Dodsland team, and tied a Lloydminster Tier I team on Saturday, which put them in the B final.  Lloyd didn’t like the hitting, since they don’t hit until Pee Wee in Alberta (the wusses), plus I think their egos were a little bruised having to work so hard against a house team from small town Saskatchewan.  They won the tournament, beating Kindersley by a huge margin, and there were no complaints about the hitting in that game!  Derek is taking to hitting like a duck to water.  He came home from practice tonight all revved up because he’s one of the two top checkers on his team.  A mother’s pride and joy.

We didn’t actually watch Derek’s final game, as Stephen was playing in Kindersley at the same time.  Unfortunately, that was a decided victory as well, only for the other side.  Tisdale stomped the Klippers 14 -1.  The first period wasn’t too bad, just 4 -1, (Stephen got an assist on the goal, and wasn’t on the ice for any of theirs), but it went downhill, quickly, from there.  Tisdale has an extremely strong team, with some big hitters and fast skaters and a couple of incredible goal-scorers.  It was humiliating for Stephen’s team, but to their credit they kept working to the end. We had a team potluck right after the game, so that lightened the mood somewhat.

After our bellies were full, we wandered over to the other Kindersley rink to watch Adam in his first game of the season.  They have a very strong team, with lots of 3rd year players, some who have come back from AA play.  The combined Luseland/Kerrobert/Dodsland team beat Kindersley 11 – 0, which was humiliating for the poor home team.  Kindersley Minor Hockey was not having a good day!

The Rebels football team lost the provincial semi-final game in Southey 26 – 14, in what was for the most part a very close game.  We kept getting updates at the rink on Saturday, and the score at half-time was 7 – 6 for Southey, then 15 – 14 in the 4th, then 18 -14 with four minutes left.  It was tense.  The team was pretty subdued on the bus, but recovered enough to get to the Sr. Tiger game when they arrived back in town.  The game announcer (a certain redhead with a great voice) welcomed them home and gave them a cheer.  The whole town is pretty proud of them.  And there’s always next year!

But enough sports.  My niece came to visit today!  She is adorable.  I will let you see for yourself next time I post, because I took lots of pictures!!

Thanks for stopping by!